Content font size:defaultlargeoversized

Paragraph Settings:Period of the first indentCancel the first indent

The font Settings:Switch to the Microsoft blackSwitch to the song typeface

Home > FIFA >

FIFANasser Al-Khelaifi Fi opens preliminary investigation in

2017-10-21 03:28 provenance:未知 sentiment: comments(0

On Friday, Italian finance police said they had seized a villa in Sardinia worth seven million euros (6.2m) which Swiss prosecutors believed was made available to Valcke by Al-Khelaifi.

How to get into football - the most popular sport in the world, with clubs and cilities throughout the UK.

The latest rumours and stories from around the world of football.

In a statement on Thursday, the OAG said the new proceedings involving Al-Khelaifi had been opened on the basis of its findings.

Read more on Neymar: Barcelona consider reporting PSG over 222m euros deal

Read more on Christian Constantin: Sion chief gets 14-month ban for slapping Rolf Fringer

Bairstow on his dad and Christmas with Boycott

Hazard rescues Chelsea in six-goal thriller against Roma

It added its representatives had interviewed Valcke as a suspect in Switzerland on Thursday.

In his new autobiography, Jenson Button says he was never really friends with Lewis Hamilton during their time at McLaren.

Enjoy the best debate, analysis and interviews with 5 live and World Service football plus our commentary listings.

The proceedings are connected to an ongoing investigation into Valcke and relate to the sale of World Cup TV rights to Bein Sports, of which Al-Khelaifi is chief executive.

The new investigation - that which relates to Al-Khelaifi - is being conducted in partnership with authorities in France, Greece, Italy and Spain, and was opened in March 2017, the OAG said.

Read more on Jerome Valcke: Ex-Fi secretary general challenges 10-year ban

England wicketkeeper Jonny Bairstow opens up to Michael Vaughan in a special interview for BBC Radio 5 live.

It said it was suspected that Jerome Valcke accepted undue advantages from a businessman in the sports rights sector in connection with the award of media rights for certain countries at the Fi World Cups in 2018, 2022, 2026 and 2030 and from Nasser Al-Khelaifi in connection with the award of media rights for certain countries at the Fi World Cups in 2026 and 2030.

But Valcke told French sports news LEquipe: I have never received anything in exchange for anything, I just want to say that its not true. I have never done that.

Bein Media Group refutes all allegations by OAG. The company will fully co-operate with the authorities and is confident as to the future developments of this investigation.

Read more on Hazard rescues Chelsea in six-goal thriller against Roma

The employees on site co-operated with the authorities until the end of the search.

Read more on Serious doubts over FA bosses future

Bowies producer Tony Visconti gets to the heart of the song

Read more on The Office of the Attorney General

Last year, the Office of the Attorney General of Switzerland (OAG) said it was investigating Valcke for various acts of criminal mismanagement.

Get latest scores and headlines sent straight to your phone, sign-up to our newsletter and learn where to find us on online.

Valcke was banned by Fi for 10 years - although he has appealed against that ruling.

Fi fully supports the investigation conducted by the Swiss Office of the Attorney General as well as the other involved authorities that has become public today, a statement by the governing body said.

In a statement, Bein Media Group said: Following a request by the OAG of Switzerland, the Bein Sports offices in Boulogne-Billancourt were searched this morning.

Read more on NFL wont make players stand for anthem

Fi is to begin an investigation after Swiss prosecutors opened criminal proceedings into Paris St-Germain chairman Nasser Al-Khelaifi and former Fi secretary general Jerome Valcke.

label: FIFA

Related articles